So, if I'm not starving, then why do I feel the strong desire to eat as if a famine is right around the corner? My fridge is stocked, I have a steady paycheck, there is no immediate danger of famine. However, I see food, I want it. It may be right after lunch, or right before bed. I simply love to eat for many reasons, but mainly because it just tastes and feels good!
Now I know I'm not an obese person. My BMI is within the healthy range. I weigh 140 pounds and am 5' 5". I love exercise almost as much as I love food. And it's a good thing, too. But, because I am a runnner and swimmer, I'd like to be on the more slender end of the spectrum, and I would love the scale to read 130 pounds on even a bloated day. I would like to be competitive in my half marathons and I would like my fat to stop hanging out of the back of my tight speedo swimsuit. I would like to look like a runner and athlete.
So, this is my plan. Start following the weight watchers plan that I know works because it has helped me lose weight after my kids were born. The caveat is: I will have to follow the plan, and keep following the plan, and keep following the plan, etc. I will feel like I am starving, but will keep saying my mantra: I'm not starving!
I begin in the morning and will report my triumphs and challenges. Since we are starting a vacation tomorrow, this will be interesting. I'll also share any special food finds and tricks I learn along the way. And hopefully, within 2-3 months, I will see those beautiful numbers on the scale: 1 3 0. Who knows, maybe even lower.
No comments:
Post a Comment